A Taste of India Blog Hop
April 17, 2014
Welcome to A Taste of India Blog Hop featuring new stamps from Sheena Douglass. The hop starts on the Crafter’s Companion Blog. You should have arrived here from Kendra Wienstock’s Blog.
W E L C O M E
I’m Allie Gower and you are here at My Card Party! Today I’m featuring a project using the Sheena Douglass‘ Henna Mango set from the new line of A Taste of India stamps from Crafter’s Companion.
H E N N A M A N G O
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Stamp image with Tuxedo Black using Rock-a-Block and color with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker Pens (colors listed below).
- Add Mendhi styled leaf background using a mask made with Mehndi Corner Design file from Loni Harris for the Silhouette Online Store. Apply Tsukineko’s Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle Ink with a Stipple brush. Remove the mask and stipple more ink.
- Use Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils from the Essentials Set to add some more depth to the masked portions (022) and the leaves (058). Blend with Odorless Mineral Spirits and Spectrum Noir Paper Stumps.
- Spritz some Copper irRESISTible Texture Spray. Paint some of the Spray on the flower and the edges of the stamped mat.
- After irRESISTible Texture Spray dries, add the rhinestones and mount the Henna Mango image on an aqua blue card base.
Crafter’s Companion Supplies
- Sheena > Taste of India > Henna Mango Stamp Set
- Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker Pens (CR7, OR2, CT1, BP6, BP4, BP3, BP2, BP1, BT2, BT3, CG3, BP7, LG1, CG4, BT4)
- Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils (022, 058 – from the Essentials Set)
- Spectrum Noir Paper Stumps
- Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle Ink
- Memento Pad – Tuxedo Black
- Adhesive – Easy Release Tape
- Copper irRESISTible Texture Spray (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko)
- Stipple Brush (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko)
- 100% Pure Odorless Mineral Spirits
- Mask created using Mehndi Corner Design designed by Loni Harris for the Silhouette Online Store.
- Pink Rhinestones (Want2Scrap)
- Colored Cardstock – American Crafts
Thank you for coming.
Be sure to leave a comment. If you don’t see an area to leave a comment, please click here and scroll down to the bottom.
Next, you’ll head to Chrissie Tobias’ Blog.
Here is a list of ALL the Blog Hop Participants … You won’t want to miss a single project!
- Crafter’s Companion US Blog
- Kendra Wietstock
- Allie Gower (you are here)
- Chrissie Tobas (go here next)
- Christiana Reuling
- Jenn Cochran
- Jennifer Ingle
- Laurel Beard
- Mary Dawn Quirindongo
- Tenia Nelson
- Trena Brannon
- Wendy Price
- Stephanie Severin
- Annette Allen
- Giovana Smith
- Leah l’Orange
- Lori Barnett
- Roxanne O’Brien
- Swarup Murthy
P R I Z E S
- DT Blogs – 6 prizes will be given out to 6 different randomly selected blog comments from all of the Designers’ blogs. We will award the sets when the winners are announced.
- CC US blog – 2 sets from this release to 2 different randomly selected CC US blog comments, winner’s choice.
- Participants may add comments to any of the blog hop posts from Thursday, April 17th – Monday, April 21st until 11pm (ET)/8pm (PT).
- Winners will be selected on Tuesday and announced on the CC US Blog on Wednesday, April 22nd.
- Winners must send an email to claim their prize (information will be provided when the winners are announced)
Crafter’s Companion: Barkley Acrylic Stamps
April 21, 2014
Barkley Gift Box
Stamps: Everyday with Barkley 6 x 6″ Acrylic Stamps [BAR-E-STMPS-AC]
Image colored with Spectrum Noir Markers:
- Grass – CG3, CG4, LG1
- Butterflies – OR1, OR2
- Barkley – IG8, IG2, IG1, EB1
- Flowers – CR1, PP1, PP5, LV1, LV2
- Sky – IB1, IB2, BT1
Additional Supplies: Twine, Rhinestones, Patterned Paper, Flower, Adhesive
Digital Cutting File Credit: Jamie Lane Designs for Silhouette Online Store
Crafter’s Companion: Jewel of India
April 18, 2014
Let’s start at the beginning.
I used half of a chipboard album cover. I covered it with some bright yellow cardstock and applied some Goosebumps Shimmer Texture and then distressed it with new StazON Midi Inks and irRESISTibles. I lined the back with some aqua paper.
I colored the elephant from Sheena’s NEW Taste of India stamp set called MARCHING ELEPHANTS with Spectrum Noir markers. I added some accents to the elephant with white paint and a tiny pin.
I added a title with a background mat that I created in the Designer Edition of the Silhouette Software. I embellished this with flowers, ribbon, wire, twine and hemp and added some rhinestones along the bottom.
Crafter’s Companion Supplies – Jewel of India
Sheena Stamps > Taste of India > Marching Elephants
Spectrum Noir Markers: BG4, BG1, BG2, BG3, PP1, BP2, BP3, LV2, TB5, EB1, EB2, TB4, CG3, CT3, OR3
Ink: Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko StazOn Midi in Ganache and Claret, Love Letters irRESISTibles, Goosebumps Shimmer Texture
Cardstock, Flowers, Bling, Twine, Hemp, Adhesive
Sheena’s A Taste of India
April 16, 2014
So I’ve had a little taste of India, and it’s MARVELOUS. This wonderful line of stamps will be released tomorrow! (April 17, 2014)
I stamped the Indian Arches image in black and colored with Spectrum Noir Markers. I added some inky highlights with Radiant Neon Electric Orange and Electric Pink inks, and even sponged on some Delicata Golden Glitz. The picture doesn’t capture it, but it does have a little bit of sparkle. I was going for a colorful evening sunset photograph kind of look.
I added the India title. I used my Silhouette Cameo to create the title, I fashioned it after a movie title. I love Bollywood movies! They are colorful, fun, and family friendly.
Crafter’s Companion Supplies
- Sheena > A Taste of India > Indian Arches
- Spectrum Noir (GG1, EB1, IG1, EB2, PP1, PP2, BT1, IG2)
- Ink – Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Delicata Golden Glitz, Radiant Neon Electric Orange, Electric Pink
Additional Supplies – Cardstock and Adhesive
Imagine Crafts: Sneak Peek Kaleidacolor GO GO GO
April 16, 2014
Stop by the Imagine Crafts Blog today to see my GO GO GO Card using Kaleidacolor inks.
Shopping is my CARDIO
April 10, 2014
Shopping is my CARDIO
Carrie Bradshaw, Sex in the City
I welded the SHOP words with a pretty shopping girl from SVG Cuts.
The sentiment is written using the Silhouette with a pen holder.
Images and sentiments inked with Radiant Neon inks.
Girl Cutting File: SVG Cuts
Modified with Fonts: Champagne & Limousine, AMM Mighty
Patterned Paper: Echo Park (Lori Whitlock’s Summer Bliss)
Ink: Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko
Other – Flowers, Cardstock, Adhesive
This week, I’m linking my project up to Craft Frenzy Friday!
Come join the fun.
Custom Cards, Party Decor, Banners, and Gift Boxes … Available Upon Request
Samantha Walker APRIL Creative Team Hop
April 8, 2014
Hello! I’m Allie Gower and I am so excited to welcome you to the Samantha Walker APRIL Blog Hop! You are at My Card Party, and you should have arrived here from Guiseppa Gubler’s Blog.
We have a fabulous giveaway for our hop.
This month you could win the 12×12 Giddy Up! Girl Collection from Carta Bella.
All you need to do is enter the Rafflecopter Giveaway! You can earn multiple entries by following us on Facebook, commenting below, tweeting about the giveaway, and signing up for the email updates. This giveaway is open to US customers only.
You must comment by Sunday, 04/13 at 11:59pm MDT in order to be eligible for the free SVG/Silhouette file as well as the prize…which will be the 12×12 Giddy Up! Girl Collection from Carta Bella.
The theme this month is SPRING. I made a May Pocket to hold some candies using the doily and the larger flowers.
I started my project by making the flowers. I took the two larger flowers and duplicated them four times, reducing each set by 95%.
I snipped some of the petals and then overlapped the petals to create a 3d bloom.
Depending on how many petals you snip, you get a taller bloom.
Once all my flowers were glued and dry, I inked them, layered two and added a pearl in the center.
I then moved on to making my pocket.
I deleted the center line on the main doily. I made the other lines solid, then outlined them using the offset function. Select all, then modify and choose subtract – this will cut out the portion you need.
I removed the parts I would not be using, and offset, creating a smaller piece to nest on the pocket.
Fold in on the outer lines, and out on the center line to create the pocket.
Adhere the mat. Add the flowers.
Stuff with treats!
Supplies – Samantha’s FREE Flower Cutting File, Cardstock, Pearls, Adhesive
Thank you for stopping by My Card Party!
This will only go out to those who sign up for the newsletter by Sunday night (04/13/2014). After that, you can find the design in the Silhouette store. I know I can’t wait to play with it!
So don’t stop here!!! There’s more to see.
Click on the image below to visit Cristal (Pinky) Hobbs‘ Blog!
Thanks for joining me today. If you have any questions at all, please leave a comment, and I’ll be happy to answer them.
UPDATE: A Winner from our Blog Hop has been chosen. Congratulations to Kimmie Kimnamsoon.
I LOVE MY SILHOUETTE: Easter Rocher Treat Box
April 8, 2014
Supplies for Easter Rocher Treat Box
- Stamps by Becky Schultea
- Pearls (Want2Scrap)
- Crafter’s Companion Petite Dots Embossing Folder
- K & Company Stickers
This is a FREE FILE that I designed using Silhouette Studio software. If you would like the Studio File, just leave me a comment and I’ll be happy to e-mail it to you.
Speedy Scrappers: Some Bunny Loves You
April 8, 2014
- Die cut 3d Bunny Purse Box pieces. Cut a second white bunny with outline for mini card.
- Color frame and outer edge of papers to match. I used a BT4 Spectrum Noir marker.
- To create the handle, string beads onto wire. Crimp wire at ends and insert into holes on sides of purse.
- Stamp sentiments as shown. The pennant is just a strip of paper with the edge pinked.
- Embellish with glitter and flowers.
Supplies Used for Some Bunny Loves You Gift Set:
- Crate Paper – Little Bo Peep “Sophia”
- White Cardstock
- Stamps, Crystal Stickles
- Spectrum Noir Markers
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Memento Dye Ink (Bamboo Leaves)
- Adhesive (Hot Glue, Art Glitter Dries Clear and ThermoWeb iCraft Tape)
- Wire (Hardware Store), Beads (Thrift Shop)
- Flowers (Prima, Wild Orchid Crafts)
- 3d Bunny Purse Box Digital Cutting File (Lori Whitlock)
(Tools – Scissors, Score Board, Trimmer, Silhouette Cameo, Acrylic Block, Wire Cutter, Beading Pliers, Hot Glue)
Designed for Speedy Scrappers
Speedy Scrappers: Easter Purse Card
April 8, 2014
- Die cut pieces and ink edges.
- Assemble card and envelope.
- Embellish card and envelope with pearls.
- Tie together wire, jute and twine. Hot glue to card.
- Add Moxxie bunny, sticker and flowers, rhinestones.
- Add die cut sentiment to interior.
Supplies Used for Easter Purse Card: