July 9, 2014
If you are looking for the Samantha Walker Creative Team Blog Hop post, please visit my new blog:
SVG ATTIC: Vintage Nation Christmas in July
July 1, 2014
I’m using a fun Patriotic kit from SVG ATTIC for … CHRISTMAS. Oh yeah, why NOT! I wanted to make something to inspire you for the ANYTHING GOES contest at SVG ATTIC.
This is the VINTAGE NATION kit and I’m loving every project.
I used some textured cardstock from Carta Bella. After assembling the star, I added some Memento Luxe ink in the perforated seams.
Then I added some Metallic Lustre from Deco Art. I used a Jumbo Dauber from Imagine Crafts for this. I just rubbed it in.
Then, I set to distressing. I added Spiced Chai StazOn with an old sponge dauber. I just kind of dabbed and shmeared. That’s an old back East term for a generous amount.
A little Gray StazOn too…
I don’t know when to stop, so I kept at it.
Then I embellished with a Poinsettia and some bling.
Here’s another look with a little more light on the subject.
And a close up of this pretty flower. It was in my Christmas stash.
Don’t be afraid to look to seasonal kits and use them all year round.
I hope you’re inspired because now it’s your turn. Enter a project for this month’s contest. ANYTHING GOES!
Visit the SVG ATTIC blog for details and to enter.
Crafter’s Companion: Bebunni Christmas – Holly
July 1, 2014
Bebunni Christmas Holly
Sharing another fun Bebunni Christmas project. This is a clean and simple card. I’ve just colored, letting the red pop on Bebunni’s hat and the Poinsettia.
Supplies for Bebunni Christmas Poinsettia:
- Bebunni Christmas Poinsettia
- Spectrum Noir Pencils: 117, 112, 058, 095, 017, 034, 023, 024, 025
- Blending Solution and Paper Stumps
- Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock
Thanks for stopping by today!
Crafter’s Companion: Candy Bar Wrap
July 1, 2014
Today, I’ve wrapped a Ghirardelli boxed candy bar with patterned paper and decorated with a fun die cut and sentiment from the Everyday Sentiment Collection “Love is All You Need” stamp set. This is a fun birthday gift for one of my co-workers that won’t break the bank.
You need one sheet of white cardstock and some patterned paper (5.5 x 10″ – so utilize some scraps). I used the Ultimate Tool to score the patterned paper so it would fit snugly and look nice. I also used the Ultimate Tool to create the bow. I just wrap around the pegs then use a second piece to tie the loops.
I added “real” whiskers with some Darice crafting wire.
Crafter’s Companion Supplies:
- Crafter’s Companion Sentimentals “Love is All You Need” Stamp Set
- The Ultimate Tool (for scoring and creating bow)
- Spectrum Noir Markers: EB1, EB2, EB3, True Black, IG1, IB2
- Spectrum Noir Colored Pencils: 034, 087, 024, 029, 035
Imagine Crafts Supplies:
- Memento Ink (Lady bug, Espresso Truffle, Toffee Crunch, Desert Sand, Peanut Brittle, Summer Sky)
- Black Embossing Powder
- Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Dauber
- Cutting File: Bobble Cat from Treasure Box Designs
- Patterned Paper: Echo Park (About a Boy – Plaid #TMB60010)
- White Signo Pen (dots on eyes)
- Other: Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Darice Craft Wire, Beacon’s 3-1 Glue, AdTech Hot Glue, Heart (Studio Calico), Hemp and Waxed Linen
Pieces of Bobble Cat are all white cardstock that have been colored and distressed using ink and Spectrum Noir Markers or Pencils. Sentiment is stamped with Versamark and embossed with Black Embossing Powder then inked with Peanut Brittle and Summer Sky Inks. Border is hand colored with Spectrum Noir IB2 Marker and inked with Espresso Truffle. Heart is inked with Lady Bug ink then sealed with Goosebumps.
The wire is glued under the nose pad using 3-1 glue. I trimmed the whiskers and straightened them after the glue had dried.
I used the Ultimate Tool to score the patterned paper and to create the Hemp/Waxed Linen Bow.
Crafter’s Companion: Bebunni Christmas Rudolph
June 30, 2014
Bebunni Sneak Peek!
I just love Bebunni so I’m very excited to play with brand new Christmas stamps. Christmas in June? Why not? I like to have a nice stash come December!
I colored Bebunni with my Spectrum Noir markers and pencils. I added a background using an Embossing Folder – I used the folder as a rubbing plate – going over the paper with a colored pencil, then blending it with a paper stump and Blending Solution. I love the soft look with the pattern.
- Bebunni RELEASE “Christmas Rudolph”
- Angelica & Adam “Starry Eyed” 5×7″ Embossing Folder (used for texture)
- Spectrum Noir Markers (IG1, IG2, Blender, GB7, GB8, GB9)
- Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils (024, 065, 087, 034, 057) with Paper Stumps and Blending Solution
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Memento Ink ”Peanut Brittle”
- Other: Patterned Paper (Echo Park), Flowers (Prima), Snowflake Ornament, Creme Pearl (Want2Scrap), May Arts Ribbon, Signo White Pen, Adhesive
Thanks for joining me today.
Crafter’s Companion: Angelica & Friends
June 29, 2014
Angelica & Friends: Phoebe
Crafter’s Companion: New Scruffy Little Cat Stamps
June 27, 2014
I made a fun little CD Holder for a friend using a Scruffy Little Cat image and sentiments from the new set, Jessica.
I’ve included the numbers of the Spectrum Noir Markers and Pencils that I used. Patterned papers are from Carta Bella. I did a little stitching and added a button closure in the front. Cutting files are Samantha Walker’s from the Silhouette online store.
Thanks for looking!
Click here to visit Crafter’s Companion
Tie Dye Your Summer Linky Party
June 20, 2014
Welcome to My Card Party. I’m so pleased to be a part of this fun event. I made a T-scarf using a Plain White T-Shirt from Gildan’s along with the Tulip One Step Dye Kit.
I made an animated video if you’d like to see how this scarf is made. Please forgive my spelling errors!
Check out the other projects!
Thanks for stopping by. If you have questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to leave me a comment – I read and appreciate them all! If you don’t see a comment form below, you may be on my main feed rather than the post – click here and scroll back to the bottom. Thanks!
Angelica & Adam: Bunches of Joy
June 16, 2014
Angelica & Adam “Bunches of Joy” Clear Acrylic Stamp
Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils (117, 112, 009, 005, 076, 114, 030, 041, 036, 016, 045, 046, 011, 065, 094, 090, 086)
Spectrum Noir Markers (OR1, LY1, LY2, BP2)
Imagine Crafts Inks: Memento – Peanut Brittle, Pistachio, Summer Sky, Teal Zeal, Angel Pink
Echo Park Papers, Hemp, Lace (AlteredPages.com), Flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts), Swirls Finesse (Want2Scrap), Butterfly Digital Cutting File (Sophie Gallo for Silhouette Online Store)
Crafter’s Companion: The Butterfly Effect
June 16, 2014
- Stamp butterfly on white cardstock and color with Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils. Blend with Paper Stumps and Blending Solution. Fussy cut.
- Stamp leaves with VersaMark on white cardstock. Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat to melt.
- Ink background with Love Letters, Pistachio, Rich Cocoa, Peanut Brittle.
- Spritz with Love Letters IrRESISTible Spray.
- Trim background and mat on Red cardstock. Mount on Kraft cardstock card base. Add butterfly.
Crafter’s Companion Supplies:
- Sheena’s A Taste of India “Tiger Tiger”
- Sheena’s A Little Bit Sketchy “The Butterfly Effect”
- Spectrum Noir Marker: OR2
- Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils: 090, 094, 021
- Paper Stumps, Blending Solution
- Inks: Love Letters, Pistachio, Rich Cocoa, Peanut Brittle
Sponge Daubers and Clear Embossing Powder (Imagine Crafts), Adhesive, Cardstock